It seems each and every which way you turn, on internet news sites today, you hear stories of comets, asteroids, gigantic solar fares and cosmic radiation. I do my fair share of reading and pondering. Wanting to know and wishing to have facts figures and probabilities laid out before me.
Are the Earth and our local planets all being affected by some unknown cosmic source? Has there really been a large increase in the number of volcanic eruptions occurring across the world? What about all these volcanoes spewing ash and lava?
We have weird world weather patterns of unpredictable happenings. Heat waves in the autumn/fall, predicted wild winter snow storms, an escalation of cyclones, tornadoes, flash flooding, droughts and fires. When will it all come back to its ‘normal’ behavioral patterns I hear people ask! Define normal I say!
For the Christian brothers and sisters we have our answer:
“Woe to the inhabitants of the Earth, and of the sea for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.” Revelation 12:12
I am a subscriber of the Extinction Protocol Blog where I find much information, written without a lot of the hype usually found on blog pages, and the author has strong Christian Beliefs. I happily suggest you read what is written at this site and learn all you can about current and future times from a biblical perspective, with good science backing up written statements.
Matthew 24:29-31 gives us a good breakdown of what Jesus told us to expect when He will return. I have found myself time after time, returning to the Biblical Texts, to ascertain if what people are writing about on internet sites conforms to the words of Jesus. If they do not conform, then I toss them out. I have but one Lord, Jesus Christ, and His word is TRUTH.
Jesus told his Disciples that NO ONE, not even the Angels know when this was going to happen. Only God knows. So it matters not, how many so called seers and modern day prophets tell me the time is soon, I will believe what Jesus said, and try and prepare myself for the time which is to come.
When Jesus lived in the land of Israel about 2000 years ago, he gave a very simple and concise answer when someone asked him when he would return: He explained that no one knows the hour or the day, except for God the Father (Matthew 24:36).
Even so, many people throughout history have falsely insisted that they knew the timing of Jesus’ return, only to be proven wrong. During the past few centuries, for example, there have been some very influential people who have misled many people with their false predictions, including:
• William Miller, who is credited with the beginning of the Adventist movement, which includes the Seventh-day Adventist Church. He claimed that Jesus would return “sometime between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844.”
• After his prediction had failed, a colleague named Samuel Snow, claimed that the true date would be October 22, 1844. That prediction also proved false.
• Nelson H. Barbour, a Millerite Adventist who lived from 1824 to 1905, wrote a book entitled Evidences for the Coming of the Lord in 1873, and was involved in other date-setting attempts with Charles Taze Russell.
• Russell continued attempts at setting dates for the return of Jesus and spoke of invisible fulfillments. Russell is credited as being the founder of a religious organization called Jehovah’s Witnesses.
• Herbert W. Armstrong, who lived from 1892 to 1986 and founded a religious organization called the Worldwide Church of God, wrote a book called 1975 in Prophecy! The book warned of a catastrophic drought, enslavement of Americans and Britons, nuclear war, and the return of Jesus as a dictator.
• Joseph Smith, the founder of a religion called Mormonism, claimed that Jesus would return by 1891.
I am aware that things seem to be happening which would indicate that we are in the end times. Actually I would posit a thought that we have been in the End Times since Jesus Ascended back to be with His Father in Heaven.
The evil one is ruling this world – but his time is coming to an end. Terrible things are happening everywhere, seemingly more and more each and every day. What can we do about it?
Love one another, be kind and reach out to all around you. Introduce people to Jesus Christ, their friend, their Saviour and Redeemer. People have to have the choice and the opportunity to accept Jesus into their lives, but do they actually know Him? Or do they only know about Him?
23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.
24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
If you have the Lord as your personal Savior and have accepted Him into your heart, sought and received forgiveness, then you can do away with the fear and the modern phobias about the Coming End Times, and look forward to them with great expectation and joy. You will be with Him forever in His New Kingdom.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will direct your paths.